Thursday, October 11, 2007

When it Rains...

We should have known there was trouble when all the animals started lining up two by two… Last week we had more rain than anyone knew what to do with. Its started with a storm that I was convinced would blow the roof off our house. I felt a little justified when we saw the next morning roofs had actually been blown off houses – including the crèche on the property of the Methodist Church in Atamelang. It then rained for about a week, and when we finally made it out to the villages, they were literally floating. I got to put my rally driving skills to the test going to a funeral early one morning, with most of the road being under water. I heard a rumor the Delareyville Spar is having a special on flippers and goggles…

3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Matthew, David and Leesa said...

That picture of the storm is incredible!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

For future reference, if you get stuck in a flood again and you need some milk and bread, I've heard that you can make a boat out of a honey jar. You could call it The Brain Of Mike. Just a thought.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. the second comment was actually from david...I'm not that well read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home